The Embrionix emModular aggregation frame accommodates 48 emSFP modules with SDI to IP encapsulation and decapsulation, delivering an IP platform that meets requirements of real-time, highly mission critical broadcast applications.
The frame can be used for bulk gateway conversion, simple IP signal aggregation or any other IP signal processing function. Each flow injected inside the frame can be segmented to be independently routed, thus preventing data from one core switch to get to other core switches.
Opitmised and robust architecture
The emModular is well suited for optimised IP network topologies. It replaces the TOR/Leaf IT equipment to aggregate audio, video and metadata streams to the core IP switches. In typical redundant architectures, the emModular keeps the two networks totally isolated while receiving flows from both networks to provide the Hitless redundancy feature. Signals are connected to the aggregator via emSFP modules that can receive and send IP flows as well as decapsulate or encapsulate SDI signals. emModular layer 3 aggregator supports IGMP (v2 and v3) protocols and is configured for simple aggregation of flows, removing the possibility to forward multicast flows from one network into another.
- Modular Approach
- x48 emSFP slots modularity, one or two channels per slot
- System scalability
- Leverages Spine/Leaf cost effective architecture aggregating up to 96 SDI to IP gateways in 160G to the core switches
- Fast and simplified setup
- Factory configured for broadcast applications, dramatically reducing the setup time
- High density solution
- Up to 96 Gateway conversion in a single 1RU